Saturday, July 10, 2010

Doors: Imbecile's Bane.

Today, I went to the theatre for a movie. As I'm going to have my ticket ripped, there is a family (mother, father, two children) in front of me. The following is what I heard as I climbed the few steps to the ticket booth:
Mother: [looking at a closed auditorium door] "How do I get in?"
Employee: [short pause] "Open the door."


I applaud the poor ticket boy's restraint. Simply overhearing, I could hardly believe what I'd just heard. And if I had been the ticket boy, it would have been impossible not to insult the woman. What really scares me, though, is that this woman has managed to reproduce, and is now raising two children. And neither the children, nor the husband could help solve the problem of the closed door. Just how many idiots does it take to open a door?

2 comments: